Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Grapeseed Oil (cold pressed Vitis vinifera)
Natural beeswax, Palmarosa (Cymbopogon martini)
Our hoof oil does NOT contain:
- Coconut Oil:
- High in Omega 3 and 6 fats which nourish the hoof.
- Reduces the likelihood of splits/cracks.
- Creates lovely shine for showing application.
- Grapeseed Oil:
- Helps restore and strengthen Keratin (the vital structural protein in strong hooves, hair, nails).
- High in Vitamin E - a fat soluble antioxidant, essential in the maintenance of hoof structure.
- High in vitamin C which helps ensure nourishment deep into the keratin cell structure.
- Creates a natural waterproof barrier to keep moisture in but does NOT create an artificial seal on the hoof.
- Ensures the coconut, grapeseed and palmarosa remain on the hoof for as long as possible.
- Facilitates cell regeneration/new hoof growth.
- Antibacterial and antifungal – helps treat foot rot and common fungal hoof infections.
Neatsfoot Oil – an animal fat which contains very low levels of Saturated Fat, Monounsaturated Fat, Omega 6 and sodium. So limited benefits. In most hoof oils the Neatsfoot oil used will contain petrochemicals used as a thinner and therefore offers even less nutritional value.
Stockholm Tar – A pine resin resulting from the burning of pinewood. This offers very little nutritional or moisturising value for the hoof. It does create a waterproof barrier. Numerous studies indicate negative health effects for horse and rider.
Hoof Grease - Rendered down animal fat, bone & offal. Commonly sourced from beef, pork, sheep and poultry. Contains very low levels of Saturated Fat, Monounsaturated Fat, Omega 6 and sodium.
Find out what’s in your hoof oil. Choose wisely.
Caution: Pleae read our safety with animals on the Pet Vet introductin page.